Friday, January 27, 2012

THAT AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN....

While driving home for lunch today I noticed an older woman, probably mid 60's, in her Sunday best pushing a shopping cart full of groceries across the street. I pulled over and asked if she needed a ride. She kindly said, "No darling, this is how I get my exercise!" Then I, out of complete awkwardness responded, "In your heels?! YOU GO GIRL!" Seriously? I told this older lady, "You go girl?!" So embarrassing! As I drove off I replayed my words and the sound of my voice to myself and wondered what I was thinking. I do this a lot though. Speaking before I think. The other day while at the store with my friends I blurted out to this guy, "You're tall!" OMG! Give this girl a muzzle! Am I still in high school or something? I mean really, who isn't taller than me?  All this to say I have one more thing to learn, THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment