Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

Coming up with a business name is so important. When David told me it was time for me to come up with a name I cringed. I'm not very good with words, they don't come naturally. Even now  I'm trying to think of ways to make this more interesting to read...no luck yet. Anyways, (I like using 'anyways' as a transition) I wanted something different and easy for people to remember. I didn't want to use my name because it's way too long and somewhat difficult to remember for people who've just met me. After several stinky ideas (Happy Photography, Simple Studios, ICantthinkofaname Portraits) David told me I was over-thinking it. So, we sat down and he gave me his ideas (which were super boring!) then we decided to make the name more personal.

When we were married I brought my two dogs, Lokie and Brownie, into our family. David (with his brilliant mind) decided to put their names together and go with Brokie...but that sounded funny so we stuck with Bokie :) What a great story, huh? David got with his graphic designer and had my logo made...A YEAR AGO! Yes, I've had my logo for a year and I've just decided to use it. I guess I didn't want to show it off unless I knew this photography thing would work out. Well, there's only one way for things to work out and that's by actually WORKING on them. So, that's what I'll continue to do. I'll work on this, one step at a time, and expect only the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment