Wednesday, August 3, 2011

CONFESSION : I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE SELENA

It's always been a crazy dream of mine. Something I've never shared with anyone for fear of being ridiculed. But it is true, I've always wanted to be a singer! Oh, don't laugh too hard yet, you haven't heard me sing. It's like the beautiful sound of chirping birds meets a trash compactor. Yes. It's that bad! 

I've always dreamt of the spotlight ever since I heard Selena sing when I was 5 years old. All eyes on me with my hips-a-shakin' while producing harmonious melodies. But alas, I  do not believe J-Lo will be calling me up anytime soon to join the next season of American Idol.

A few months ago I completed my first audition for a play. To my dismay, it was a musical :( Needless to say, I was not cast. The singing portion of the audition was beyond torturous; I cannot imagine how the others in the room felt having to subject their innocent ears to such agony.

Thankfully, I have learned to embrace my inability to hit a note and will keep my musical talent behind the closed doors of my home :) I think David and the doggies are really excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment