Thursday, August 11, 2011

CELEBRATION : MELISSA'S KARAOKE BIRTHDAY!

She didn't like me and I didn't like her and we both admitted it to each others face. She thought I was conceited and I admitted I thought the same about her-especially when she'd walk through the halls laughing and talking as she walked with her many friends.  Our senior year in high school we had 2 classes together and we learned who the other truly was-we became best friends. She'd invite me to lunch with all her friends and soon enough, I was able to be as happy as she was when I saw her walking down those halls. We went off to college together, got married in the same year and have shared every birthday together since our senior year.


Melissa, I am so thankful that you have helped me come out of my shell. You've shown me true friendship and I love you for that! Thank you for always listening when I need to vent and thank you for comforting me in my darkest moments.


Although we don't see one another as much as we'd like, Abby, Pam, Melissa, Jazmin, Karina and I always make it a priority to get together for our birthdays. Melissa asked that we get together for karaoke to celebrate her 24th birthday. The only place we could think to go was super busy so we were only able to sing one song but we sure did blow up Katy Perry's Firework! The following night we had dinner, cupcakes and games at my house!

I borrowed this picture from Abby Gonzalez Facebook page :) Thanks, Abby!
 From left to right: Me, Pam, Karina, Melissa, Abby, Jazmin
Karina made some beautiful and delicious tres leches cupcakes! Normally, I'm not a fan of the semi-soggy cake but I sure couldn't stop eating these! They were da baum, yo'!

 Yes, Melissa, you are FABULOUS!





No comments:

Post a Comment