Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A FEW THOUGHTS

Last week I held a contest for someone to win a free day of wedding photography.  I thought it would be a great opportunity to be able to get to know some new people and to shoot a fab wedding!  I'm really lacking on wedding photos for my portfolio so I thought this could be a great way to add to that and maybe get my name out there.  Little did I know that people weren't really into getting free wedding photography.  I was totally bummed this morning (the deadline) when I looked at my email and did not get even ONE entry.  Wow. Do I stink that bad that someone wouldn't want me to shoot their wedding for FREE?! I thought I was getting pretty decent, especially after being able to help a few awesome photogs and learning great things from them.  I tried not to get discouraged even though the deepest part of me wanted to fall apart and completely give up.  I decided to give it one more shot if even ONE person responded.  Thankfully, after a Facebook post, I received that extra push I needed, that little nudge to let me know it wasn't over.  The contest has been extended until Sunday, July 1st at midnight! I've had a few entries already and I'm so excited to see where this is all headed! If you're interested in FREE wedding photography, check out this post! I know this will be the beginning of some great things! 

On another note, I'm going under the knife tomorrow for sinus surgery so I will be out of commission for a few days. Hopefully I won't be so drugged up that I won't be able to read the submissions. Please, keep them coming! Prayers are also welcomed :) I hope to announce the winner early next week so stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. marivelle, if I were getting married, i would totally be entering your contest! and when someone in your area needs a kick ass shooter, i'm gonna send them your way!
    good luck on your surgery. :)
    ~kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your support, Kristi! It means so much from such a talented woman, I really appreciate it :)

      Delete